For your protection and for ours we have set out, below, some conditions that will apply to your usage of this Site. As we will review these conditions regularly, and we may change them from time to time, you should revisit this section periodically as any changes will be binding on you.
We have included some of the main points here for transparency and ease of understanding, but you should still read the terms and conditions (below) in full.
1. By accessing and using the Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Whilst we try to display accurate data, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or availability of any data on the Site.
3. You should not misuse or cause damage to the Site, including any attempt to attack the Site or the posting of malicious or defamatory content.
4. We cannot guarantee that the site is free from technical error or malicious code.
5. Some data on the Site may be owned by third parties.
6. If you wish to handle, distribute, copy, manipulate or replicate the data, images or content on the Site, you must first get permission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You may reference data on the Site. The full terms and conditions give details about how to reference us.
8. You may only link to publically accessible data on the Site if you have been given explicit permission. Again, the full terms and conditions give details about how to link to and reference us.
9. We may terminate the Site or any account or data usage agreement at our discretion.
By accessing and using this Site or using any provided data or feature, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when accessing and using any part of this Site, data associated with this Site or service provided by this Site, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any use of this Site or participation in, or with, any associated services will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
This Site, its components and all of the data it presents are offered for informational purposes only; this Site, the University of Hull, the Logistics Institute and any other contributor, developer or host shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
You must ensure that you take all reasonable steps to prevent any harm to, misuse of or technical damage to our Site or its underlying architecture, including, but not limited to, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, DDOS attacks, MITM attacks or any other malicious code or attack. The Site, software underpinning the Site and content provided on the Site is offered as-is.
For more information about cookies please visit http://allaboutcookies.org
You are prohibited from using our Site for reasons including, but not limited to: transmitting or posting material that is threatening, defamatory, offensive, obscene, in breach of confidence or privacy or which may in our reasonable opinion cause annoyance or inconvenience; conduct that may give rise to civil liability or criminal offences or which is contrary to any law in the UK or anywhere in the world.
Unless otherwise noted, the Site and its original content, data, features, and functionality are owned by the Logistics Institute at the University of Hull and are protected by international copyright and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. Any data which is presented on the Site, but owned by third parties, is provided by us but remains covered by the terms and conditions of the data owner, which may prevent or protect the handling, distribution, copying, manipulation or use the data in part or in full.
If you wish to handle, distribute, copy, manipulate or replicate the data, images or content presented on this Site in any way, you must first contact the Site owner at email@example.com
to request permission. Permission must be granted by the Site owner before you are authorised to use the data. You may not grant, sell or otherwise pass on these permissions to any other persons. The Site owner reserves the right to revoke permissions at any time.
You may refer to and link to any data which is available to the general public without permission, but you must acquire permission before you refer to or link to any data where conventional access to the data requires log-in. When referencing this Site or any content on this Site, you must use one of the formats below (content identified in angular brackets is indicative of the information which should be collected and defined in each circumstance):
1. Provided by the Logistics Institute at the University of Hull. Available Online: <link to page with content>
2. Logistics Institute at the University of Hull (<year or date of access>), Available: <URL to page with content>
If you are linking directly to the Site, you must define the source (“the Logistics Institute at the University of Hull”) in the paragraph in which the link resides. As an example: “The Logistics Institute at the University of Hull identifies
an engagement target number of 109 businesses in the Green Port ‘Inward Investment’ strand”. The link must be identifiable as a link (e.g. it must be a different colour, underlined, or otherwise highlighted to make it evident that a link exists).
Alternatively, if you are referring to any data on this Site and wish to reference the data in a bibliography, you may use any citation style you like but it must include (at least) these facts:
• Author: Logistics Institute
• Organisation: University of Hull
• Date: <date of access>
• Available: <URL to page with content>
We may terminate access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account. All provisions of this Agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
This legal notice shall be governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions and/or your use of our Site.
If you have any questions about our Terms and Conditions, think you have spotted an error/omission or want to get in touch for any reason, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)1482 588249